Did you know that 37% of contracts that fall through do so because of repair issues?
According to the NAR (that’s the National Association of REALTORs®), 37% of contracts fall through because of repair issues that sellers could have addressed before listing their property.
With that in mind – here’s a quick PSA : If you’re thinking of selling this spring, don’t let that happen to you!
1. Meet with a real estate professional who knows your neighborhood and zip code. Allowing them to do a quick walkthrough could save you piles of cash.
2. If recommended, schedule a pre-sale inspection. Then you’ll know precisely what needs to be addressed from a functional standpoint.
3. Invest in repairing the major systems first. Think HVAC, plumbing, roofing, foundation, or electrical issues. Most buyers aren’t interested in inheriting the previous owner’s problems.
4. Once your home’s major systems check out, move to aesthetics. Here’s where your agent’s advice is literally gold! When in doubt, always remember, if there’s one room that needs to impress buyers, it’s (still!) the kitchen.
5. If there’s time, money, and a little elbow grease left, freshen up the paint and lighting, and then zero in on curb appeal.
The good news is getting your home ready to list doesn’t have to be costly or overwhelming. It just takes knowing who to ask for help! Send us an email, and let’s set a time to chat. We always look forward to hearing from you!